Student injured by caps in pocket

A kindergarten student was airlifted via Bayflight to Tampa General Hospital earlier today.

Manatee County Emergency Medical personnel responded to Prine Elementary midday after the student accidentally set off what were described as "caps" in his pocket, according to the Manatee County School District.

Officials were uncertain as to exactly what type of caps the child had in his pocket.

Blasting caps?
Officials emphasized that students should never bring any items to school which could cause injury.

In some school districts, this can mean the brain.
The district is reviewing its policies to determine if the activity constitutes a violation of school board rules.

We care for the children by expelling them.

No comments: