"An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he can't get it wrong."
- The worse ways to die in video games.
I figure passed out in a gaming cafe in Korea would be in there somewhere.
- Arizona woman catches the plague.
In the words of the immortal Monty Python, bring out your dead....
- The new Lamborghini Reventon
Ah, perhaps one day my penis will be small enough to need this type of compensation.
- Zero-tolerance in action: Students had to disarm army men on mortarboards at graduation.
With zero tolerance comes zero thinking. Hurray edumacation.
- Police find man's body, guillotine in wooded area.
He made sure his suicide was a cut above the rest.
- If the waiter hands you lemons, don't make lemonaide.
You go now, you been here four hours.
- Today in history: Windows ME released.
And people still want Windows 98 back again.
- Gamma-ray annihilation lasers.
Di-positronium, as the new molecule is known, was predicted to exist in 1946 but has remained elusive to science.
Now, a US team has created thousands of the molecules by merging electrons with their antimatter equivalent: positrons.
The discovery, reported in the journal Nature, is a key step in the creation of ultrapowerful lasers known as gamma-ray annihilation lasers.
"The difference in the power available from a gamma-ray laser compared to a normal laser is the same as the difference between a nuclear explosion and a chemical explosion," said Dr David Cassidy of the University of California, Riverside, and one of the authors of the paper.
"It would have an incredibly high power density."
As a result, there is a huge interest in the technology from the military as well as energy researchers who believe the lasers could be used to kick-start nuclear fusion in a reactor.
No word yet on if sharks will be involved or not.