2005/05/20

Misc. Friday Ramblings

Blah Blah Blah Blah

Obligatory Friday gun stuff!

Just a little story to let you know that not all things you may have to defend yourself and your family from will have two legs.
On March 21, 2005, I was assaulted by a pit bull while visiting an acquaintance's home. She was in home hospice care for pancreatic cancer. I had been a visitor several times before, and the animal knew me. Quite literally without warning, the dog attacked me, going for my throat in a lunge. The only warning I had was the change in the dog's expression when I looked at her as I was getting up to leave.

The attached pics show where she did get me, but more importantly, don't show where she failed. (plastic surgery is sooo fun in the ER.)

I'd be dead if I were not trained to defend myself.

I'd be dead if I did'nt have a handgun.

No comments: