2005/05/19

It's midnight, do you know where your Sith is?

The marquis at Tinseltown is full of movies, but one outshines them all.

Hundreds waited in line for hours Wednesday night to get a good seat for "Star Wars: Return of the Sith."

To pass the time, people played cards, ate pizza, and shared Star Wars memories.

"It's the first time I can ever remember everybody cheering and everybody standing up and clapping at the end of a movie," said Higginbotham.

"I went to actually see 'Return of the Jedi' in a theater," said Rodney Rosario. "My mom picked me up from preschool."

"Star Wars: Return of the Sith" premiered at 12:01 Thursday morning.

Looking around at some of the empty cubicles, I can tell that a few of the fans work here. A long time ago, in a lifetime far, far, away, I probably would have been one of them. Now, I work long hours, then come home to spend what precious little time I have with my family. Anything else really doesn't matter that much anymore.

BTW, Triumph has a few things to say about Star Wars fans.

No comments: