2005/01/27

Where have all the 80's stars gone?

Former teen pop idol Deborah Gibson is set to finally shed her clean-cut image, after reportedly posing for Playboy magazine.

The 34-year-old singer and actress, who has starred in Broadway shows such as "Cabaret" and "Grease" since moving away from the pop world, had previously refused requests to take off her clothes for the cameras.

In a 2001 interview with newspaper USA Today she said, "I was born in the wrong era. I'm not comfortable with showing everyone everything. I never say never though. I've said I'd never get a tattoo and I got one."

According to columnist Liz Smith, Gibson's spread in the March issue of Playboy will hit news stands on February 11.

They go to Playboy. Tiffany, the original Buffy, even Tia Carrere have all posed for the men's magazine in the past few years. I would think that they are either trying to kick-start a new direction, or they have something to prove to themselves and the public. Either way, it should be fun to view.

Speaking of fun to view, Playboy recently did a "Women of Radio" edition. I heard about this on a show I listen to, Lex and Terry. One of their affiliate's woman was featured in the layout. Her name is Lexxus. Wow!

No comments: