2004/12/02

Remember how I told you that I got some books at Thanksgiving?

Well, one of those books that I got at our family Christmas gathering was a book on stupid human behavior. It reads like a who's who of urban legends, but they are darn funny. One that I read today stuck out.
The driver of an armored truck appeared to be signaling for help as he repeatedly swung his door open. Six police cruisers chased and stopped the truck, which had been swerving left and right. As it turned out, the driver had simply tried to fan fresh air into the cabin after the other guard had passed gas.

Now, this forces me to tell The Mountasia Tale. Well, it just so happens that our fun-loving crew of Pat, WunderPunk, Ken, and myself was out one night in the early 90's at a putt-putt/arcade called Mountasia. Ken and myself were Street Fighter 2 addicts back then. You had the main room, which had three levels. Each level had a line of arcade machines on them. Ken and I were playing SF2 on the bottom level, far right of the line. I let one rip. Lets just say, we had mongolian BBQ that night, so it wasn't gonna be pretty.

I don't know how this happened, but from the far left of the room comes "OH MY GOD, WHO FARTED!?!?!?". One by one, each person at the machines, from left to right, backed away from their machine as the smell reached them. Except for one guy in the middle, obliviously playing Mortal Kombat 2. Everyone looked at us, but because the smell had somehow come from the other side of the room, I gave the nod to the poor guy in the middle. Lets just say that no one played the games on either side of him for quite some time. Ken leans over to whisper "Was that you?". I nodded with a sinister grin of satisfaction on my face. I cleared Mountasia.

Remind me to tell you the tale of the Punch, the Van, and Pat's acrobatics.

No comments: