2004/11/26

Misc. Friday Ramblings

Well, it is the Friday after Thanksgiving, and I am at work. "When the clients close, we close..." or some such bullshiat. Thanksgiving was good this year. Our normal family tradition is for my family and my brother's family to go to our parents to have Thanksgiving and Christmas, due to the mileage between us all. It was a good time, capped off with fantastic food.

Before dinner, we all sit around and exchange gifts. As usual, the kids make out like bandits. Mike's two girls getting lots of girly stuff, while my little one gets lots of cars. He loves cars and vehicles in general. Nothing like turning a room into a parking garage.

I made out quite well. I got GTA:San Andreas for the PS2. Also got some books on stupid human behavior. Love those Darwin Awards. Clothes, wall hangers, pictures, etc. My wife got some nice clothing as well. This one sweater really shows off...er, nevermind. We got a beautiful cross and home-made hot plate.

After all gifts exchanged, and the kids got down to playing, we set up for dinner. Mom and Dad outdid themselves with two deep-friend turkeys, a ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potato pie, and more. Ugh. MUST....LOOSEN....BELT. Of course, we got lots of leftovers. Turkey and Ham sammiches for the next few days, but that meat is damn good.

It was a very pleasant visit. I normally don't care for holidays, due to commercialization and from having worked in retail many years. This year was different. No hurt feelings. No crisis. No displaced family members. It was calm, peaceful, and relaxing. I just hope the holiday coming up will be the same way.

Now, random crap:



EDIT: I forgot the gun pr0n!

No comments: