2004/11/02

I voted. So sue me. oh wait....

I stop by the local polling place. It is a quaint little Lutheran church at the end of the road. No where to park in front of the church. I'm thinking to myself that there is a great turnout for 3:15pm in the afternoon. Well, I walk in and immediately notice that there are three people voting.

WTF?!?!?!

Then I scan the room. There is the old man that is the polling officer, the three ladies at the sign-in table, the one lady watching the ballot box, three other ladies by the back wall. Probably switching out shifts of the volunteers. However, I also notice people that don't belong there. Suits.

There are four people at a small table just watching everything with questioning eyes, disecting everyone's moves. Apparently, there are observers present at all of the polling places, just to make sure everything moves smoothly. Great, fine, whatever.

MOVE YOUR F*CKING CARS SO THE VOTERS CAN GET IN EASIER AND VOTE YOU ASSHATS!!!!

BTW, I was voter number 382. By contrast, for the last primary election, which had one of the worse turnouts in local history, I was voter 75. Lovely. Looks like people still aren't turning out, even for the important local shit.

No comments: