2004/09/12

Nah Nah Nah Nah, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye!!!!


Title XI of the Federal Violent Crime Control Act of 1994 banned the manufacture and import of a certain class of guns defined by Congress as "Assault Weapons." These firearms were categorized as such by certain identifying features, namely cosmetic and ergonomic features that present a military-like appearance, but have absolutely no effect on lethality. The act also bans so-called "high capacity" magazines. The provisions of this Act are scheduled to expire automatically on September 13th, 2004.

MANSFIELD -- Area gun store owners don't expect crowds looking for assault weapons when the decade-old ban expires Monday.

"I think it's way blown out of proportion," said Gregg Griffeth, 50, owner of Sportsman's Den in Shelby. "Bill Clinton sold more assault weapons than any president in history by threatening to take them away from everybody."

TACO BELL - I was standing at the counter of my local Taco Bell yesterday to get my Bean Burrito (less than a buck and only 4 points on the weight watcher's system), when the nice young girl behind the counter looked down at my NRA shirt and said, "It's people like you who are going to put machine guns on the streets."
Well I had been having a good day with the wife, had lunch at our favorite Italian resturant (not 4 points on the weight watchers system), had seen a good movie, and was wearing a pair of really comfy shoes. So I was in a pretty peppy mood. So I just looked her in the eye and said, "It's people like you who are going to put onions on my burrito, now get to it."

No comments: