2004/09/28

Death makes you realize just how old you are.

1Wrestling.com has received word that Ray "Big Bossman" Traylor passed away some time Wednesday afternoon or evening.

Ray Traylor is a former WWF Tag Team Champion (with Ken Shamrock) and multi-time Hardcore Champion. The WWF legend’s career began in in 1985 after being a real life prison guard in Cobb County, Georgia.

Details are sketchy right now, and the cause of death is unknown at this time.

The whole staff of this website sends condolences to the family and friends of Ray Traylor.

His death makes me feel old. I remember Traylor when he started out in the NWA in 1985 as a character named Big Bubba Rogers. He showed up as a body guard to Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express. A more extensive history of his work can be found here, but watch out for pop-ups.

My buddy Ken brought up a good point.
Is it me or do I suddenly feel old? After catching a glimpse of Raw, not knowing anyone on the show, and then reading this news, you just dont realize how much time has gone by. Sheesh....

Time is always going by, and I'm just getting old...

No comments: