2007/03/01

Music imitates life...

A while back I posted a little Q&A where you set your audio library on random shuffle and put the song you get with the question asked. Your life as a soundtrack, if you will.

Well, going through what I have on hand at work, I found This is it: The best of Faith No More. I thought I'd share with you my take on the phases of life using that CD. I ordered the songs on the left hand side. Play them as you read along.

  • A Small Victory = Birth
    Some couples never can have children. Others probably shouldn't. However, each child born is a miracle, thus, a small victory.

  • Be Aggressive = Childhood/Teenage years
    Learning. Adapting. Fighting. Playing. Be aggressive or get ground to a pulp.

  • Epic = Adult life
    You've made it. More than likely, you start out full of confidence, brimming with vim and vigor. To get this far, the struggle has truly been epic.

  • Midlife Crisis = Self-explanatory
    Usually identified as something a guy goes through, accompanied by expensive toys and mistresses.

  • Waning Years = Falling to Pieces
    Your body goes. Your mind goes. Your life can literally fall to pieces.

  • Your Funeral = We Care A Lot
    A dog and pony show in order to put a box in the ground. While most friends and family do earnestly care a lot, there should have been more of that during life.


Poetic, eh? Of course, my cynical bastard side says switch the first and last one. Nothing says victory over life like death. :P

No comments: