2005/10/24

Wrasslin's back.

A little bit of history. I was/am a big professional wrestling fan. I have been ever since Gordon Solie was with Championship Wrestling of Florida, live from the Sport-a-torium.

I guess I lost interest in it after the heyday of the three major leagues, WWF, WCW, and ECW. Once the WWF, now known as the WWE, swallowed those guys up, it just wasn't as fun anymore, because there were no alternatives. Now there is.

Spike TV has started running TNA wrestling on Saturdays at 11pm. I happened to catch it this past Saturday. It was refreshing to see old and new faces wrestling with little fluff to get in the way. On a lark, I watched the PPV last night. I can say I'm thrilled about watching wrasslin again.

It was a good show, with a mix of wrestling, street fighting, extreme, japanese, and luche libre styles. I knew it was going to be a good PPV when the first match had a guy named Samoa Joe (who looks like a big, evil Emeril Lagasse)was taking on Jushin "Thunder" Liger. RAH!!!

Anyway, you can catch the recount of the matches on the TNA website. All I can say is that in business, competition is a good thing, because the consumer wins.

No comments: