2005/10/10

The Box Of Truth: Body Armor

A while back, my friend Michael contacted me, he said, "I am sending you some "shootpacks" (18"x18")
The one condition is that you not mention my name or the supplier. Because your setup is informal, they would not want to have their name connected with the testing since you don't have a NIJ-certified laboratory setup.
For your information, body armor material is designed to work when worn by a human.
Humans are compressible.
IIIA material will work when put on a person or over 4" of ballistic clay, but if you just put IIIA material over concrete or over boards, it will fail."

Is this a great job or what!

The box contains Modeling Clay from Hobby Lobby.

I hung the armor over the front.


Don't look at the 7.62x39mm, it isn't pretty.

No comments: