2005/08/02

I don't know how these got in my system, officer.

Palmeiro Suspended for Steroids Violation
Five months after telling Congress he never used steroids, Palmeiro on Monday received a 10-day suspension from Major League Baseball after testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug.

The players' association challenged the positive test in secret proceedings, and the penalty was held in abeyance until arbitrator Shyam Das decided Monday not to overturn it.

No longer able to deny using steroids, Palmeiro insisted he ingested a banned substance by accident.

"When I testified in front of Congress, I know that I was testifying under oath and I told the truth," the Baltimore Orioles' first baseman said during a telephone conference call. "Today I am telling the truth again that I did not do this intentionally or knowingly."

Palmeiro, 40, was adamant in his assertion that he accidentally ingested the drug, particularly because on March 17 he declared before a congressional committee, "I have never used steroids. Period."

Without being specific, the four-time All-Star left the impression that the banned substance was contained in a supplement that was not prescribed.


Ever here this and think it was an odd question: "Has anyone other than yourself packed or been in contact these bags? Have you left them unattended?"

I thought that was strange, because who leaves their bags or lets someone else pack for them. Now, think about what he's saying. I don't know how they got in my body, but someone else must have done it. Perhaps in the plain canister marked supplement. Perhaps they doped him in his sleep. Could it be in the water? Just think about what you come in contact with and injest every day. Do you know exactly what is going into your body?

No comments: