2009/04/14

World War Z is coming

Just when you thought you were full up on zombie films, a piece of art comes along to make you say, "Damn, I'd like to see that come to life." Case in point: The below image you see from artist Daniel LuVisi. He created the piece, entitled "The Battle of Yonkers," in an attempt to land a job on World War Z, Paramount Pictures' big-budget zombie epic based on the Max Brooks novel. Writer J. Michael Straczynski adapted the story for the screen.

Website io9 received the following message from LuVisi:

This is the image I did, to get on the film World War Z with Marc Forster, director of Quantum of Solace. Can't say whats going on or what the outcome is right now, but it's not in the negative zone :)

This was one of the most difficult images I've ever done. Incredibly challenging to the point where I wanted to quit. But through thick and thin I forced myself to complete it.

Old news, I know. However, JMS (of Babylon 5 and Spiderman fame) can pen some awesome stuff. I hope this lives up to the hype. Remember your carbine and machete.

No comments: